afeministreviews

Just giving a feminist critique of the books I read. Pretty simple!

My views don't represent all feminists, as we're all different. There are liberal feminists, eco-feminists, radical feminists . . . and so on. I consider myself an anarcha-feminist, which means that I'll also include critiques of capitalism and neoliberalism in my analysis.

Additionally, I don't think feminism is just about gender -- it's about race, class, sexuality, etc.

I'm also not here to engage with anti-feminists, sorry!

Kafka on the Shore

Kafka on the Shore - Philip Gabriel, Haruki Murakami Quite idiotically, after starting this I put it down for a few weeks (what can I say, I'd read it on work breaks, then when I lost my job, no longer had them...I'm a slave to routine!) but I managed to save my dignity. During my break I finished Norwegian Wood and The Wind Up Bird Chronicles, so I couldn't wait pick this book up again. Nakata is one of the characters that will stay with me. There was something about him...his innocence and happiness, I suppose, that makes him unforgettable and admirable. Of course, anyone that can converse with the feline persuasion has got my vote. I remember passages at the beginning between Kafka and Crow making me feel so void but open. Some of things that I'd been feeling for quite some time had been so aptly described that I just felt exposed. The mix of Nakata, Kafka and all of the other elements are what make this novel enjoyable. Though when I re-read, I will certainly skip the Johnnie Walker scene. I'm too sensitive. Meow.

The Prague Cemetery